Peyton Manning

I miss Peyton Manning, honestly. I definitely don't like hearing about him everyday on the radio or on ESPN, but I do miss watching Brady vs Manning.  Some of the best, most nerve-racking contests that I have ever witnessed have come against Manning's Colts. It seemed as if the Patriots and Colts would meet every year in a marquee matchup, and it never disappointed us.

Now, its all over.  Never again will Manning lead the Colts out of the tunnel in Indianapolis or Foxboro.  The uniforms will not be the same, but I hope that the Brady vs Manning rivalry has not come to an end.  In fact, I hope that he signs with the Dolphins (not the Jets). Having the Mannings in New York would create such a sickening atmosphere around ESPN, that I might puke every Sunday.

Still, I would enjoy the possibility of facing Peyton twice a year to intensify the tail end of the rivalry. Having Manning in the AFC East would certainly make the division much tougher to win, but the people at NFL films are probably salivating. I mean, we all know that such a documentary is inevitable. I'll buy it on DVD, and relive some of the best football moments that history has to offer.

Brady vs. Manning is probably the best player rivalry of the last decade.  Brady vs Manning is like Bird vs Magic for the NFL.  These guys ushered in the modern NFL and turned it into the "pass-happy league" that it has become. A new era cannot begin until both Brady and Manning are retired, but for now, let us enjoy the twilight of their careers with them together in the same division.

Brady's first career start came against Manning's Colts, and the following year, the NFL moved the Colts out of the AFC East and into the patty-cake AFC south.  These two great players are intrinsically linked, and they will have spots next to one another at the hall of fame.  Seeing them reunited is the best way to cap the rivalry. Well, that, and another Brady championship...

Comments

Popular Posts