Props, Unders, & Overs

So, the Vegas line on this game has The Patriots as underdogs at +3. Honestly, that seems like a coin flip to me. Although the experts are picking The Ravens, homefield is their only tangible advantage. That being said, The Ravens are seeking to extend a streak of 11 straight home wins. This streak is the longest active streak in football. So, they're pretty tough to beat in Baltimore.

Also, almost every Patriots vs Ravens game in recent memory has been a closely contested affair. For my money, I'll take the 3 points. There's too much history to suggest that this game will have a point spread in either direction greater than 3 points.

Also, Vegas has the total points scored at 49.5, which seems high to me initially. If this game ends up 20-23 like the last two meetings, then its under. However, I could easily see this game end up more like 27-24, and then you're over. This is a tough bet, and not one that I would easily make.

So here are a few other lines that I have set myself. I'll be taking gentelmans' bets in the comment section. Feel free to call me out on my gaffs and blunders, but don't say I didn't call it when I get them right. Here we go:

Brady yards - 290 - over - Brady shines with his back against the wall
Ridley carries - 18 - under - Depends on the score, but look for Woodhead to get some time
Woodhead carries - 10 - over - Woodhead had 11 carries last time
Gronkowski catches - 6 - over - Brady needs Gronk to be big in this one
Winslow snaps - 10 - under - He can only do so much in one week.
Welker targets - 10.5 - over - Welker's abilities must be tapped in this game
Lloyd yards - 85 - under - Ed Reed will make sure Lloyd is surrounded downfield
Edelman targets - 8 - over - Edelman might be the key to winning this game.

Mayo tackles - 9 - over - Rice is no good with Mayo all over it...
Jones sacks - 0.5 - over - I think Jones grabs Flacco at least once.
Wilfork stops - 3 - under - Baltimore will avoid Vince at all costs, 3 TFL is a lot to ask.
Secondary pass interference - 1.5 - over - Baltimore's deep passes will draw a couple penalties.

Comments

  1. The officiating was poor, and I think that if the regular referees were in, the Patriots would have won. In any case, the defense was losing the physical battle. They started putting Nink against Oher at the end, and he can beat Oher with his quickness. Chandler Jones could not. Rice was all over the place. McCourty was actually pretty solid except for not grabbing a couple interceptions. I like this loss. It was a hard fought game. The Patriots played very well, just didn't seem to have enough. Belichick will use this for good (like he always does.) I don't see the Bills having much of a shot against us next week. I've been wrong before. And when you lose two games in a row, it's hard to say that a team 'won't have much of a shot' with confidence.
    Patriots need this game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph Wilson Stadium has never been as loud as M&T Bank because of the capacity and attendance. The Offense should have better communication if nothing else.

    I think the Rookies struggled in this game. I saw Tavon Wilson show up a positively a few times, but I didn't see as much of him as I thought we would. Also, Hightower did not show up positively more than once to my eye, but he did make a few mistakes against Ray Rice and Vont'a Leach in the run game that I noticed. Jones looked like a non-factor for much of the game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts