Who Are We Rooting For Today?

Being a good Irish boy, I was rooting hard for Chip Kelly, Manti Te'o, and Notre Dame last night. I am a big Alabama fan via Nick Saban as well, so I would have a hard time picking a favorite if those two meet in the BCS National Championship. I was just sitting here last night wishing and hoping that somehow The Patriots will be able to draft Manti Te'o. I'd take him on the team next week. He's my vote for the Heisman, even over "Johnny Football."

On the NFL front though, this is a pretty boring Sunday. Houston already won their game on Thanksgiving, so my focus is on the Ravens and Chargers game. The Chargers have looked lost and dismal for most of the season. Still, its kind of Norv Turner's style to win random tough games when his team is on the border of being eliminated. I am just hoping that trend will show its face again.

Go Chargers! Beat The Ravens.
The division will be pretty much wrapped up if Buffalo loses to Indy and Miami drops their game against Seattle. Winning the division is nice, but trust me, we want that first round bye. The Ravens need to lose two games even if The Patriots win out, so a Ravens loss here is only part of the battle.

I could care less about any game in the NFC, but I would like to see Atlanta lose to Greg Schiano's Bucs. Likewise, I would like to see the QB controversy start up in San Fran, so I am cheering for New Orleans. Honestly, it would be great to see The Saints in the playoffs after all they've been through. I am hard pressed to decide between GB and NYG, but only because I would be choosing my least favorite team in the league.

Overall, I will be happy if The Ravens lose. It seems like Peyton Manning is having a tough time in Kansas City, and I always enjoy seeing that. Still, seeing that we have a 1.5 game lead over Denver, it doesn't matter much to me. Today its all about The San Diego Super Chargers!

Comments

  1. Looks like the hardest team to beat on the road to SB are the broncos. Steelers without big ben are nothing until ben went down were the hardest of all, the texans dont look as the dominant force at the beggining, and the ravens have fallen in disgrace.
    On the NFC, the giants and a stair down the 49ers. Beware of the saints if they can get through, we all know how dangerous a heat team can be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure how you mean that The Ravens have fallen into disgrace. I think they've definitely had some injuries that weaken the team, but they are still tough to beat.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts