The Curse of Bernard Pollard Continues...

I am sick to my stomach right now. I can't write anything, who am I kidding? The cruel world just wants to see the Harbaughs in the Superbowl, I guess. Let's face the facts here though, we just couldn't stop the running game on defense. We couldn't force a turnover, and we couldn't convert in the red zone.

Still, injuries were the main story of the game. Obviously, Gronk would have helped us out in the red zone. Aqib Talib and Kyle Love left the game in the first quarter, never to return. Stevan Ridley was knocked out cold and had a fluky fumble. Guess who laid the hit on Ridley? Bernard Pollard. We just can't catch a break with this guy. Without that fumble, this 4th quarter looks much different. By the way, I am still not convinced that it is indeed a fumble. I thought his butt was on the ground...

This stings. I have nothing else to say. We didn't make the plays to win. Anquan Boldin killed us in the red zone. Vince Wilfork was invisible all night. We blew a great opportunity before halftime, and we blew another chance at the Superbowl. It's going to take quite a while to get over this one. Stupid Ravens.


Comments

  1. The key was the Talib injury. We lost our best corner and couldn't come back in coverage. We're going to need to get him back and upgrade the secondary more.

    Oh well, these things happen. I hope you'll keep up your reporting during the offseason; I've loved your coverage. Very good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that our red zone offense was the big culprit. Without Talib, Boldin had a field day, but we should have been able to score 28 to keep up. We had a couple of nice look drives that were squashed by bad bounces (Ridley fumble and Tipped INT). We didn't score a single point in the second half. I am sorry, but I can't put any blame on the D...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough. I'll be honest, I didn't watch anything after the first couple series (in Europe at the moment, late game...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts