Brady Restructures For Welker

Say what you will about Brady, but he is not selfish. Tom Brady is the epitome of team player. This is now the second time in his career that he has restructured his contract to take less money for the sake of his team. Tom Brady might be in a lot of advertisements, but remember that his first commercial featured his O-line. Brady looks out for his own, and he really wants to finish what he started with Wes Welker.

Bob Kraft loves him, but will a deal get done?
Welker needs to compromise and take this 5 year $40 million offer. This is a good offer. If anything, this is a generous offer. He commands 8 Million dollars per year, and he's getting it. Not only that, but 5 years is a serious commitment to an aging WR. To be honest, I am on the record saying that Welker is not worth that kind of money, and I am sticking to it. Still, this offer is interesting.

The fact that Brady restructured his deal is the major factor in all of this, and it sends the message that the wagon is hitched to Brady and Welker. Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick know a good thing when they've got it. Tom Brady knows that Welker is irreplaceable. I just hope that Welker and his agent know that this is the a deal worth taking. Everybody needs to make compromises to build a team.

I am not in love with this deal. I think 5 years is a long time, and I was hoping to get under the 8 million dollar mark. Still, I think that this is realistic, especially with Brady's new deal.

Comments

  1. So Welker's going to test the market. Any thoughts on that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really news. I am not surprised. I don't think that BB will budge on the offer, but it is in Welker's best interest to shop his value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that Wes is a Bronco, I await your reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that he's gone doesn't surprise me, but the idea that he's a Bronco is a bit unsettling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts