Offseason Turmoil = Tebow Time

Gronk is addicted to surgery and likely to land on the PUP list; we actually signed Tim Tebow; Aaron Hernandez is involved in some deep shit that sounds really bad; Tom Brady is another year older; Danny Amendola is not Wes Welker; and to top it all off, Vladimir Putin has taken a sacred link in the dynastic trilogy!

The circus is here, but Tim Tebow didn't have anything to do with it. Well, maybe a little bit. He's a fall back topic because his is the most optimistic of all the above storylines. Nevertheless, I haven't been blogging because of my interest in the NBA and NHL. I just figured that everything was okay, but this Hernandez stuff really changes everything.

I don't need to rehash the details of the investigation because there are many sources on the web do just that. However, I do just want to think about how this affects The Patriots. 

Actually, no. No, no, no its just really bad. Bad all-around. There's not a single positive report that has come out about The Patriots this offseason. Amendola's progress has been reported, but no one is worried about his game. We are worried about his health, and Gronk's health, and now Hernandez's status. Worry is not what I want to write about on this site.

Sadly, there is nothing positive about this. This is merely another opportunity for Brady to prove how good he is, again. I don't need proof of that. I need a replacement ring for the one that the KGB stole from us.  Insert Soviet Russia joke here.

Still, I worry about that. I worry that one of these days, Brady won't be able to seize that opportunity. I'm worried about the 2013 Patriots all of a sudden. 

So, go ahead! Raise your glass to Tim Tebow if you wish. Just remember Tebow probably won't make it out of training camp, and he will NOT out-compete Ryan Mallett for the #2 job. He's there as preparation vs. running QBs, and possibly to find a niche on Special Teams. He's a roster long shot at best. Still, its a better story than all the negativity floating around out there with Hernandez.

Comments

Popular Posts