E:60 Gronkumentary

So, am I the only one who thought the Gronk E:60 that just aired was overrated and overhyped? I was seriously excited to watch this thing, and then it ends up being all stuff that we know. Essentially, Jeremy Schapp reported that Gronk was the youngest of 5 brothers, and the competition in the house (located in a Buffalo Suburb) was incredible. There were some nice pictures of black eyes and a few clips from home sports movies, but really this was all recycled information from one of Mike Riess' Football Journey articles.

I certainly did not tune in to see Gronk spike stuff in slow motion while Schapp drones on about facts I have already heard. Also, why does Gronk deserve an E:60? Most of these documentaries are about guys that overcome diseases like parkinsons or cancer. A lot of E:60s have been done about the inside stories of guys not so much in the media spotlight, but this is not one of them. I love Gronk, but this was just some serious soft-ball reporting. The only part worth watching was seeing Gronk chest bump his brothers in a suit on draft day. The footage of naked Gronk jumping around was a bit over the top for me...

Schapp thought he might get some actual answers about the Bibi Jones pictures or the Dancing-Gate scandal. Get real, Gronkowski might be a meathead, but he's smart enough to keep those stories as private as possible. Did Schapp expect him to quote Bill Belichick? I did like the part where he's all like, "she's an actress." Apparently there is a new photo from that day, but really there's nothing across the line about either picture, this has been a non-story since day one.

"He's got  new contract, let's make a documentary." Well, you got my T.V. on, ESPN. So, I guess that's a touche' for your marketing, but damn this was some fluffy garbage.

Comments

  1. Aaron Rodgers got one and a few others, it wasn't that bad, i learned some new things about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I just follow the team closely enough to know that stuff, but I guess I just expected it to be longer..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts